Re: [Harp-L] Re: Shure 545 mic

Hi,

Yes I now realize my mic is wired for low impedance, and that is  why I was
able to turn the amp up to 8-9. I have tried a transformer on the mic  end of
the cable. The amp end is already hi impedance. The volume can now be  turn up
to only 5-6, but that is still more than any other mic I own. This mic  for my
personal taste is good at any impedance. It is just a great mic. If there
was a negative thing to say about it, it would only be that it picks up my
breathing a bit more than other mics. I do appreciate very much the information
everyone has sent me.

The mic is assembled  in Mexico, and says Dynamic lo/hi Z right on it.  The
model is 545SD Unidyne lll, with an on - off switch on the wand. It makes me
practice through my amp more often, and that's a good thing cause God knows I
need to practice.

Best,

Chris Mastakas

favorites at AOL Food.