[Harp-L] Turbo Tuner ST-122

 Howard, thank u for the instructions u sent me offlist.? That tuner looks good - certainly better than the $20 types.? It looks like it costs about $200.? That's what i paid for my Peterson StroboFlip, which is a virtual strobe, tho i think it is more accurate than the TT, plus has a lot more features (and is therefore has more complex instructions).? But the harmonics feature of the Turbo Tuner might be useful for tuning harps, IF u know how to use it.? Joe Spiers told me he tunes his harps using harmonics to make his harps play so sweetly.? I suspect the Peterson visual is harder to get used to than the TT.
? One of the best reasons to repair your own is to improve playability.? U might wanna get Rupert Oysler's harp repair DVD or CD ROM - it'll help u alot.
? There is a lot to proper tuning, but u can go along way to saving your harps by simply tuning the notes that get too sour, and by keeping the octaves in tune with each other.
? Below are some links that I've saved from the Peterson forum to give u an idea how to tune using one of their units.? U may want to save for when u get your new tuner.? And pls. report back to harp-L on your experiences and success.
? Whatever tuner u use, u'll most likely want to use a clip on mic like this Korg contact mic: http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.CM-100L
? There are some interesting u tube vids re harp repair and specifically regarding tuning guitar with the Turbo Tuner.? Here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9JB95DzVhU&feature=related

http://www.petersontuners.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1753 - how to program Peterson tuner for offsets

http://www.petersontuners.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=330 - chart of offsets for harp

http://www.petersontuners.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1242&SearchTerms=harmonica,tuning - talks about setting the Root.

http://www.petersontuners.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42&SearchTerms=harmonica,tuning
- using a VS1 tuner, tips (use manual, use Equal Temp. then adjust
offsets from there)
ron - FL Keys

Plan your next roadtrip with MapQuest.com:
America's #1 Mapping Site.