[Harp-L] Price Comparison - Hohner Special 20 vice Seydel Blues Session

> From: "Gary Calahan"
> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Seydel Blues Session
> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hello,
> Just wondering if the Sp 20 is JI tuned (stock) and also what the
> Seydel Blues Session tuning is?
> What about the  cost comparison between them?
>
> Gary

Rupert Oysler or Dave Payne Sr. or another customizer can answer
the tuning question. Neither harp is tuned to "pure" JI or 12TET; I
think both harps are tuned to a compromise that is closer to 12TET.

Coast to Coast Music has the price of both harps at $29.95 each.
They are my first source for harps.

However, there s a hidden difference. The Hohner Special 20 price
is the Minimum Advertised Price; the actual price is lower, but all
Hohner vendors are prohibited from advertising their actual (lower)
price.

The Seydel price is the actual price (as far as I know). Rupert and
Dave sell Seydel, and there's no discount. Both vendors provide
excellent customer service and support. Rupert is the official Seydel
rep in the USA.

Rupert Oysler
http://www.harprepair.com/

Dave Payne, Sr. at Elk River Harmonicas
http://www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Coast to Coast Music are also extremely responsive to customers.

http://coast2coastmusic.com/

or call:

John Watts, at either 800-776-5015 or 800-438-3544.

I've purchased stuff from all three of these sources, and have had
excellent experiences every time.

Regards,
Crazy Bob
Make Windows Vista more reliable and secure with Windows Vista Service Pack 1.
http://www.windowsvista.com/SP1?WT.mc_id=hotmailvistasp1banner