From: Turbo Tuner Support [mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2008 2:25 AM
To: Howard Parks
Subject: Re: ST-122 chromatic strobe tuner

Howard,

The ST-122 is used by many accordion and concertina builders and
restorers, and they find it works very well with reed instruments. I
haven't received any feedback from harmonica tuners yet.

The ST-122 works great for tuning any instrument in just intonation, or
any other temperament for that matter. You can save up to 14 different
temperaments (in addition to the equal temperament).

The temperaments in the ST-122 are stored as cents offsets from the
equal temperament. If you have a temperament chart in another format,
such as ratios of the root, we'll be happy to convert it for you.

The ST-122 is a true strobe tuner, not to be confused with a virtual
strobe or a simulated strobe tuner. The ring of LEDs on the ST-122 is a
true stroboscope, and allows the tuner to do things only a true strobe
tuner can. The stroboscopic display shows the harmonics of the note as
well as the fundamental and this is very useful for certain applications
where you need to tune in pure intervals. For example, you can tune an
open chord on a slide guitar using this method, and it's perfectly
suited to tuning mutation stops in pipe organs. This feature may be of
value in tuning a harmonica.

I have attached a short write up about this for your review. It covers
tuning a guitar, but the same principle applies to any instrument. If
you are interested, I have another write-up on using the ST-122 for
tuning mutation stops in pipe organs.

I hope this has answered your questions. If you would like to try the
Turbo Tuner, we do offer a 30 day 100% no-risk return policy. If for any
reason you decide not to keep the tuner, we will refund all your money,
even the return shipping. (Offer applies USA customers and  ground
shipping only).

Thank you for your interest in our products. If you have any further
questions, please feel free to call or email us.

Sincerely,
Turbo Tuner Support
800-811-0272 ext. 2