  "Date: Thu,  1 May 2008 17:36:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: <venkyr@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Interesting Article on Intelligence and Rhythmic
Accuracy
To: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Harp L Harp L
<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

  Unless I have misunterstood you guys, ever heard Ravi Shankar play?
Eastern music is different (strange, if you will) and the percussion gear:
tabla or ghatam can generate a type of rhythm that suits such
instruments.

Some have taken notice of my playing style that mimics the half or one
and a half or two and a half steps. If you are not used to these beats
you'd get the looks first and the nods later. But that could be the
last time you've ever played with others. Everything in life is so
relative. Preserve your art and discover more!

I still like the way all yea harplers do da sh...t. I have not read the
actual article but I suspect it stopped short of segregating data in
the survey to identify individuals who have been tutored and those that
just play by ear. Brain scans ought to be able to corroborate the
developmental subtleties.

Just my spin.

Venky"