Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:02:16 -0700 (PDT)

From: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [Harp-L] New harp coverplate cleaner

To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I've been using rubbing alcohol to clean off dirty coverplates for
years, but I've found something better. In the past (like yesterday)
I'd get some rubbing alcohol on a cloth or whatever and wipe the
coverplates to get them really clean. Rubbing alcohol can leave a film,
so you have to wipe it off really well.

I needed to clean a harp today, couldn't find the rubbing alcohol, so I
tried something else. My new secret harp coverplate cleaner? Gin, the
same stuff that made W.C. Field's nose red. Works a lot better than
rubbing alcohol. I've not noticed it leaving any juniper scent from the
gin. I might start using moonshine, it'd probably work even better.

Dave

Dave Payne Sr.

Elk River Harmonicas

www.elkriverharmonicas.com