[Harp-L] New harp coverplate cleaner

I've been using rubbing alcohol to clean off dirty coverplates for years, but I've found something better. In the past (like yesterday)  I'd get some rubbing alcohol on a cloth or whatever and wipe the coverplates to get them really clean. Rubbing alcohol can leave a film, so you have to wipe it off really well.

I needed to clean a harp today, couldn't find the rubbing alcohol, so I tried something else. My new secret harp coverplate cleaner? Gin, the same stuff that made W.C. Field's nose red. Works a lot better than rubbing alcohol. I've not noticed it leaving any juniper scent from the gin. I might start using moonshine, it'd probably work even better.

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com