Re: [Harp-L] overblowout of the box

Hi

Am Donnerstag, 27. März 2008 schrieb Philharpn@xxxxxxx:

> Did I misread these previous posts or were people merely saying
> that some harps are so good nowadays that you (or anybody) could
> virtually overblow (with the proper skill) right out of the box.
>
> Like the Deluxe Marine Band or a Seydel?

The Suzuki  Fire Breath is IMHO the best stock harp when it comes to
overbends. All OBs and all ODs work pretty good out of the box. The
Seydel 1847 is also pretty good with overblows, but as far as i can
say (i havn't tried a new one recently - Seydel is a young old
company and they're working hard to improve their products) it's not
nearly as good with overdraws.

Herings 1923 vintage harp does not allow overbends as easily as the
two mentioned above, but still it works, same with the Hohner Classic
harps (MB/MBDL, SP20, Golden Melody).

An experienced overblow player will get overblows with most any harp,
wich doesn't mean that those overblows always sound good.

Also you can make most harps become reasonably easy to overblow just
by pretty close and good(!) gapping.

--
Gruß,Frank