[Harp-L] Harp Depot

I have been reading some of the posts regarding Harp Depot.  Its real unfortunate when any
harmonica retailer gets a bad reputaion or any kind of bad press.  I have ordered a couple of
Toots Hard Bopper from Harp Depot without any problems at all.  I guess I should count
myself fortunate I haven't had any problem with them at all.

However, I have a suggestion.  I didn't read this in any posts, someone may have offered this
suggestion, if so it probably bears repeating.  Begin to develop a rapport with a music store
in your area that you feel you can trust.  If they sell harmonicas, talk to them.  Tell them your
a working harp player and you need someplace to deal with consistently that you can trust.
(But, don't try to do this at a Guitar Center.)  Harmonicas are usually not one of the hottest
selling items and what they have in stock, they will probably want to bargain with you to
bring the price down a bit.

Even if you have to order something special from them they will usually order it for you and
will not charge you for it until they receive delivery of the item so your not paying for
something you don't have.
I do alot of business with a local music store for pretty much everything I need.  Chords,
effects, amps, mics as well as harps.  The prices are very competitive and most of the time
they will even match what price you see at mail order places like Harp Depot.

If you are a working musician its always a good thing to develop a good rapport with a local
music store anyway.  Its also a great place to network, get your name out there and meet
some other musicians and even get more gigs.

This beats having to deal with the "where's my harp" stuff.  I do have to agree that there is
nothing more frustrating than to have to deal with a voice on the phone or an email when
your money is at stake.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Roger Gonzales