[Harp-L] Harp Depot

i have purchased a few harps from harp depot in the past and haven't had any
trouble with them....at least at the time i ordered, which was close to a
year ago.  that was then.

i've earned my living from my own very small businesses for over 40 years of
my life and know the real world situations that small businesses have to
deal with to exist and/or grow, as i'm sure many of you do. fortunately i
learned early that one of the most important issues for growth is open
communication with customers and potential customers.  providing totally
honest information about a particular product, information about delayed
shipments, or about any aspect of business or product that relates to that
customer. integrity makes the difference.

it boils down to an often used phrase called 'customer service' , basically
it means that you actually function as though you care for and appreciate
your customer or potential customer.  if you provide this you most likely
will succeed, if not, probably not.  it takes only a few 'public'
discussions of your failings to stop potential customers from even risking
doing business with you, even if you have the lowest prices.....there are
many alternative business to buy from.

if i were in the harp business, i would be tuned to harp-l and ALL harp
related forums on a regular basis to find out what harp folks thought, what
they liked, what they didn't, etc......  and if i were in the harp business
and didn't pay any attention to harp-l and other harp forums, it would
probably be because i thought i didn't have the time to waste reading the
forums.....or....that maybe i thought i already knew all i needed to know.
however, in the current internet business style, forums can do a lot to make
or break a business in a specialty field such as harps....and quite quickly.

although i don't know the owners of harp depot, those on this forum who do,
speak highly of them. as though it is their belief the owners are honorable
people.....and i certainly hope so.

however, when a customer is so dissatisfied and feels as though they may
have been cheated and yet takes the time to get a copy of a cashed check,
etc and submit it to harp depot, and i'm assuming all of this is factual and
true, and still not receive any reply....this is completely un-businesslike
and not an acceptable action by any business in my opinion.

only harp depot can discuss or defend their action in this or any instance
relating to them and their business practices....and i hope we hear from
them soon on harp-l.

bruce