Re: [Harp-L] RE: Harp Depot

calling them names and trashing them here where they can't defend themselves.

Frankly, the only reason I am interested in this story is because I believe Harp-l is the perfect place to discuss harmonica vendors. I had a great experience with Harp House and I let everyone here know that immediately. Same with Suzuki. Where better to reward good behavior than here? Where better to allow well-intentioned companies to fix serious, possibly unique, customer service problems and let a huge pool of customers know they did?

I'm not clear why the owners of Harp Depot can't defend themselves here. If someone feels they are being wronged, let 'em know and offer to either publish their defense here in a post or let them know how easy it is sign on and make a post themselves. The net works both ways. But it works.

One very important aspect to this is that unlike in the big world, it'll take very, very little for Harp Depot to regain their good reputation here. Either give the guy his check or explain, convincingly, why they ain't.

My hope is that we'll hear from them, saying this was all a big misunderstanding and David has gotten his full refund. Making him prove that he paid them was the right thing to do, but then ignoring him for months on end after that is the wrong thing to do. Stuff slips through the cracks, now's the time to make sure they know it has and if they're the good guys people say they are they'll hop to and make good.

Unless they can make a convincing argument that David is not owed any money (he's made a pretty good case that he is) then tell them to just send him a check and this all goes away. If one of their employees ripped him off, it's their responsibility, and making it right is a cost of doing business.