Re: [Harp-L] Wonderful Harp (was Dangerous harp) is Wonderful World of Jim Prushankin

hi
  back on this subject, i did read a few of the comments of people's opinions on players from begginners(who sound awful on unreal reality t.v.) to the songwriters playing with racks and the such.  being a dylan and neil young fan it is hard for me to listen to someone who likes to dump on their playing style, i doubt that many of them have the poetic talents or track record and longevity of say bob or neil, and seriously doubt, that they could produce, write, sing, play a few different guitars and the keyboards,  and direct the band and still do much better on the harp, i also think that some folks are just into listening to and playing to a narrow use of the instrument stylisticly, which makes no sense either, i am sure that neil young could jam out a few chicago blues songs on his harp if he desired to, he was influenced i am sure by jimmy reed,,,,all players reguardless of the instrument should be looking to broaden their influences , not just thier favorite style or
 the ones that get the most attention.... oh yes i am also going to send about 20 harps of my own to soldiers, the soothing affects of the harp are another subject in itself.......peace      joe g   landisville pa
"G. E. Popenoe" <gpopenoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Interesting comment about Dylan. Song writers like Dylan, Neil Young,
and a few others that I can think of, use a minimalist style that is
very appropriate to what they do. It is by no means poor playng.

I can play jazz, blues, country etc. But when asked to play like
Dylan, I miss the mark.

Gary Popenoe