From: "joseph ginther" <flyinginthers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Dangerous harp -- not

> that is  a good point, about a kid getting interested, never too many harp
players, never too much blues harp, and if the kids dig it,  then instead of
youtubes and such, well then maybe we who love  the harp can save the blues
>     joe g landisville pa
46long Blake <46long@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  *"They don't see a Bad Harmonica
Player; they just see a Harmonica Player."*
> *Phil Lloyd*
>
> Perhaps that's exactly the problem that some people on this list
> have....that most people don't know the difference. Hell, lots of
musicians
> are so disdainful of harmonica players that they don't know the
difference.
> If I may speak for myself, at least, huzzah if this guy encourages more
kids
> to pick up the harp, but how has it helped if this is what people think a
> harmonica player sounds like.
>
> - BAT
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 8:34 PM,
> wrote:
>
> > I disagree with all the comments so far about how bad this guy was on
> > American Idol. All he did was inhale and exhale chords. What were you
> > expecting?
> >

> > While you elitists are badmouthing this kid for his wretched harmonica
> > playing a few hundred people who never even considered the harmonica are
> > on their
> > way to the music store to buy a harp.
> >
> > Why? Because they saw a guy do it on American Idol and maybe THEY CAN
TOO.

http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=261040511