[Harp-L] My Big River experience...

Well, I've had a week or so to recuperate from the show and my crazy work schedule. Considering everything, I'm glad I did it. Thanks Roger Miller wherever you are!

This was a high school production, so the caliber of people I played with wasn't as professional, but I had to give them credit, they sat on those metal folding chairs the entire time without griping! I had to bring my padded pac-a-seat. Plus I brought over my 48 chord harmonica, along with some others oddities to show the kids just how "cool" harmonica is. Went to 4 rehearsals, with 3 performances.
 The conductor was top notch. I "learned as I earned". I had a real problem knowing where the 1 was, and tempo at first. Thank goodness I went to an earlier rehearsal before the dress ones. I loved the way she demanded it to be nothing less than right! I had a copy of the 1985 Broadway version, but we did some of it different. A BIG thanks to Emile and all of you who gave me some idea what to expect. Believe me, it helped.......
  I won't even go into how much it paid. Seemed good at the time but with an hour drive back and forth each night, I probably made about $20. Was it worth it. Absolutely!
  Thanks to Randy Singer and his musician's handbook which I read just about everyday, I now have orchestral skills, 2 letters of recommendation from the orchestra and drama directors, and opportunities to do workshops in the grade schools over there. WooHoo!
  I would recommend the experience to anyone. Thanks to all of you guys for your support. I was on the fence until you all said go for it, I would'nt regret it.

 You were right!