Re: [Harp-L] Standing up or sitting down

I like both. There is a different feel when I sit down. It is intimate. Standing feels more about projecting the sound and feel to the room.

You might want to think about choregraphing stool vs chair vs standing as is appropriate to the song.

I'll also switch from mic on stand to cupped/hand held as seems appropriate.

Try starting on the stool, and when you want to signal to the audience that your gonna dig in and take it to the next level, stand up.

Same effect occurs when you start out on the mic stand and then pull the mic and cup. If you play a bullet mic you can't do this but body language can be changed.

I guess my point is that the best thing is to move around. I know it keeps, my head, body, and audience fresh.

Gary Popenoe