[Harp-L] SFBayharpers/East Bay Harmonica Club join forces

    A few weeks back I started a Yahoo Group for San Francisco Bay Area harpers, SFBayharpers. Along the way since, I learned that Deron Cavaletti had just started an East Bay Harmonica Club in Oakland. We talked on the phone and agreed that having the two groups join forces would be logical and fun. That has happened.
    We now have 36 members of SFBayharpers, among them frequent Harp-L contributor Winslow Yerxes and several well-known Bay Area blues harpists. Deron's group varies in number from meeting to meeting, with up to 14 present at one meeting. He plans to continue meetings twice a month, and focus mainly on harmonica and an all-harmonica band effort. I attended Sunday's meeting with about half a dozen others and we had a great time. Players ranged from beginners to Deron's experience. When younger, he took blues harp lessons from Joe Filisko.
    SFBayharpers will be holding its first meet-and-greet/jam session on Thursday, May 8, at Armando's in Martinez with jam signups starting at 6:30 p.m. and jamming and schmoozing from 7-10 p.m. Any Harp-Lers who happen to be in the area are of course invited. I expect it will be mainly electric blues-oriented, but we hope to have some acoustic and EBHC harmonica band music, too. I'll post more details as the date approaches.

Bob Loomis
Concord CA

Be a better friend, newshound, and