From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jamie Bell
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 11:48 PM
To: Harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Greunling/Guyger Tour Last Night

Had a chance to catch Dennis and Steve at a place in Philly last
night in support of their Little Walter tribute cd. Having never seen
Dennis before, I was struck by his youth (I'm old), non-traditional
equipment (or at least the packaging there of) and complete reverence
for Steve's playing which is well deserved. I'm a guitar player who
has backed up a lot of harp players, including Steve many years ago,
so I'm used to seeing a Fender tweed, BF or Gibson amp for the harp
player's rig. Dennis had this big, rectangular, orange colored,
likely boutique combo (might have just been a cab). I hate snooping
around other people's gear. He was also running through a couple of
pedals, none of which I could quite make out. I'm sure people on this
list can fill in all the details. Steve went straight into a beat-up
Concert and sounded great, cleaner and more expressive with fewer
notes than Dennis, who was a bit more distorted which wasn't
surprising given his setup. Great rhythm section from Detroit I
believe (a Rick Holmstrom look alike named Doug Deming on guitar -
should I have heard of him?!) and bassist was the original T-birds
bass player (not Keith Fergusson who is r.i.p.anyway). One irony that
always strikes me seeing modern players pay homage to their idols is
the fact that their volume levels are way higher than the originals,
more so with east coast players than west. Catch these guys if you
can. The tour runs through the 29th of this month for now with more
dates to come. Shout out to Trip and Adam if you read this.