Re: [Harp-L] Little Walter induction ceremony video

It's so great that Walter Jacobs finally got his due..it even greater that
the rest of the world sees our instrument for the GEM that it is!

Now regarding the tribute on stage at the hall of fame.....though I agree
that it would have been way cooler to have a real Chicago blues band back up
James Cotton, I have to speak in defense of Shaffer's band.

    I disagree that they should have 'changed' the form on the fly.....I
think, them sticking with the 12 bar form on JUKE was the appropriate and
most professional thing to do. Don't forget these players are NOT seasoned
Chicago Blues guys and learned & rehearsed the song with the correct form
earlier. I think a REAL train wreck would have occurred if:

 half the band played the 8 bar form w/ Cotton and the other Half kept at
the 12 bar....Shaffer's call kept THAT from happening...

    I agree Harper's LOUD Lap Gtr and Vocals...wouldn't have been MY
call....it would have been nice to call in Buddy Guy with Cotton...but I
guess there trying to attract a different audience....

    Yes, a seasoned blues band would have used their instincts to get thru
Cotton's change of form....but when you have a house band of seasoned studio
players with a conductor/leader you play by these rules even when the goin
gets tuff,-)....

     This reminds me a bit of the time when Butterfield was on the old game
show, "To tell the Truth".....at the end of the show he was asked to play
with the CBS house band on BORN IN CHICAGO, it was a bit crazy!......that's
show biz!!!,-)

Juke-fully yours,
Rob Paparozzi

On 3/12/08 5:16 PM, "46long Blake" <46long@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dis.
> As.
> Ter!
>
> ...and I'm a fan of pretty much everyone on that stage.....
>
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Chas Lewis | The South Side <
> chas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I've posted the video of the complete induction of Little Walter into the
>> Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on my website at http://www.thesouthside.org
>>
>> It starts with the 2min tribute film and includes the speech from Ben
>> Harper and all performance footage -- approx. 10min long.
>>
>> Chas
>> http://www.myspace.com/chaslewis
>> http://www.myspace.com/juniorparker

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com