Re: [Harp-L] NY's #1 Premier Kickass Band (was: Little Walter Hall of Fame In...

I was recently asked to join a band for a few evenings in order to record a
live CD.  I have part of the recordings in my car, and one track in
particular kills me every time - mostly because I felt I really nailed my
solo - I tried something different and it really worked.  Unfortunately,
coming out of the keyboard solo, we did a series of stabs on the one. In
rehearsal we beat it into the ground that after the stabs we would start the
12 bars over on the one and not do the intuitive thing and go to the four
after the stabs.  But, as luck would have it, it was late in the evening,
the guitarist was drinking too much bourbon, and he blissfully went off in
his own litle world to the four after the stabs, and no matter how
aggressively the band leader tried to communicate to him by holding up
fingers during the time she was singing, he just kept on going ...and on in
to the next 12 bars as well......track ruined........

I still listen to it now and then, hoping it won't sound so bad....no such
luck.....

 - Blake