From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of MundHarp@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 3:58 PM
To: kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Blues Scale / Shapes

Ken comments:
>Advice we might hear from one of the greats might  be, "Hey man, shut
>up and play!"

>I suppose all roads lead  there, all posts could end on this note, but
>why have Harp-l in that  case?

We have Harp-L so we can share our opinions.
As far as I'm concerned, music comes from your heart and soul.

It is always good to have music theory knowledge, but I'm sure Little
Walter and Walter Horton also Sonny Terry never thought about even the names
of  the notes! They just played what they FELT!

I might learn a tune from "the dots" but I never use a score when I
perform.

Best wishes,
John Walden
London