[Harp-L] blues scale!!

A good decision on Harp-L, So many good points. The
most important thing to remember is the harmonica is
great for blues  because it can get the in between
notes.

A great example is how little Walter uses the fifth
whole draw bend; also vibrato is a fluctuation of one
note.  Not always a bend from one note to another {I/2
steps bends}.

James cotton draws with such strength that most of his
vibratos start out flat and then go down more! At
first I though it was not on purpose and then it hit
me that it was and it was another way to get a darker
tone.

I still think what most of the discussion on harp-l
misses is arrangement of a tune and the melody, The
misunderstanding is that it is not a lick but a melody
and a melody fits on cords, the cords dictates what
notes can be played according to the style of music,
Rules!!!!

So if you play a flatted third or a quarter step on a
major cord it must be a passing tone or it will sound
wrong! Same thing with a minor blues like help me, it
lives in a minor mode. All notes are there to revolve
or create tension.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs