[Harp-L] Blues Scale

The ever astute Iceman noticed my error here...I didn't mean 'Sharp 13th here, but 'sharp 9th'. Sorry for the confusion.

"If you are playing the b3rd against a dominant chord containing a major third, then the harmony you hear is not  a 'minor third' sound, but a 'sharp ninth' harmony. I know some folks might kick against applying formal terms like this; OK, call it anything you like - ' Raspberry', 'Purple', 'canine' whatever, but an Eb played against C7th chord is a completely different flavour, colour, animal, to an Eb in a C minor chord.
To me, the sharp 13th chord (a favourite of funky soul jazz guys - and Jimi Hendrix too, come to think of it) is the filthiest chord alive.
All great posts on this topic.
RD"