[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 55, Issue 10

I got a display model solid wood music stand at Sam Ash one day for
$20 - just needed some wood polish to look great. Looks a little like
this, but with a heavy-duty base:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/520501-REG/On_Stage_SM7311W_SM7311W_CONDUCTOR_STAND_w_WOOD.html

For gigs, I use a standard Hohner harp case with two small 4" bungie
cords (found at an auto parts store) to hold the top and bottom of
the open case down on the music stand. All my other equipment and
harps are stowed nearby if needed, of course.

For jams, where you have to get in and out fast with your harp and an
amp and have access to who know what I use my old, beat up metal
briefcase that is fitted with pick n pluck foam with room for 18
harps held vertically on one side (labeled on the sides) and a space
for mics and cables (holds 2-4 mics depending on how much other stuff
I try to jam in there). In this case I usually use a chair if
available, sometimes a stool, sometimes a nearby table if no one is
sitting there, and sometimes on top of my amp or (with permission)
one of the other amps on stage. In a pinch, I look for a relatively
safe spot on the floor. One good spot on the floor is sometimes
between the stage monitors, since nobody is going to step there
usually.

- Robert

<8D18284A4761F3459DBB266C0620A7CD7B6C4E2FAD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I used to put my case on the floor, right behind me, until one day
> the drummer, coming back from a mid-set bar break, spilled a whole
> pint of beer over case, harps, et al (fortunately no mics). It was
> fun cleaning those harps up after that! Now I put it on a chair.
>
> Jim

Be a better friend, newshound, and