[Harp-L] Where Do You Put Your Case?

I've been playing at jam sessions where protocol demands that you set up QUICKLY (drag your amp on-stage, plug in and blow!).  Because I never know what songs we're going to play, or in what keys, I generally load up my harp-case with my whole collection of Lee Oskars, (major keys, 2 kinds of minor keys, melody makers) and a cx-12.

Last night I put the case on top of my amp, turned to face the audience and my coat-tail brushed against the case, knocking it to the floor.  Fortunately, it landed on the hinge and snapped shut.  Thinking I had lucked out, I put it back on the amp, turned around and did it AGAIN!  This time, I was not so lucky.  Harps flew in all directions.  It took me five minutes before I could get everything back in the case.  Worse was enduring the sneers from the guitar players.

I've been thinking about attaching some kind of shelf to the amp that could hold the harp-case more securely.  Anybody besides me have these problems?

Li'l Geo