[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 55, Issue 5

Hi Greg,
Thanks for a terrific and well thought out response! I've admired our
work for several years since I first researched buying a Kalamazoo II
(not one of yours, but a very nice one). I was thinking something in
that price range myself, just felt right. I agree with everything you
said, which just inspired me to keep on doing what I love.
"Over-promise and under-deliver" truly is my middle name, too :-)

I've already invested a lot in doing this, from the tools and
workbench I built up to the addiction I seem to have developed to
bidding on vintage stuff on eBay. I originally started building mics
because I thought that I couldn't afford to buy a $200 mic - but it
ended up costing me many times that to get more tools, buy vintage
mics and parts and trash some parts learning what not to do. But I
just love doing it. My latest and best mic is the hottest mic I have
heard (comparing against various mics I have played, including Rod
Piazza's, JT30s, Black Elements, you name it) - and is invaluable, at
least to me. But f you add up what I have spent to get here, I
probably could have bought a nice Bassman by now (well, maybe a
resissue).

I don't have the equipment to mount those Switchcraft screw-ons or do
a proper powder coating job...but maybe that'll come one day, too! I
prefer 1/4" connectors anyway for my own mics since they work better
with my wireless setup.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, for your supportive comments and
for the tips about the harp mic forum - I am sure you'll be seeing me
there soon!

Regards,
Robert