[Harp-L] Re: Blues licks in First Position

From: "Bob Laughlin" <rlaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

You must be kidding. "To expect a harmonica player to examine a modulating ball is too much."
I don't exactly know how to interpret that statement ...
> [snip]

I agree with Bob, even more, when I first watched the video I thought wow that's creative! as a long time harp player we kind of imagine what the player is doing in our heads, identify the bends, try to see the effects, etc. and the bending was clear to me right away, I have to congratulate whoever the creator was, I'm always trying to figure better ways to show the harmonica being played on a computer since I wrote the midi to harp tablature software, and that one was pretty cool, although that specific tune I would have never used as an example for first position playing,
cheers,
Diabluz.
http://www.harpingmidi.com