Re: [Harp-L] Re: Blues licks in First Position Now Blue Balls

Not sure if this is a repeat, but "Blue Balls" was Count Basie's Working Title for
  "One O'clock Jump"  wasn't it?

Mox GOWLAND <mox.g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Fascinating as it is (and all elements and argumentation shall, at the site, be taken into consideration), the size , shape and/or colour/color of the aforementioned "balls" were the last thing on my mind when I originally posted a link to "Walkin' My Blues (1st)" on youtube (*)

The object was to offer help to someone looking for advice on playing first position blues.
After all, it is but an exercise.

The offer still holds true, as you will see by going to http://groups.google.com/group/harp-l
where I have posted (PDF) "Walkin' My Blues (1st)" in tab & notation without all the balls.

Still, if, eventually, we (that is Waldek) decided to go for "over-blows etc. " would red be a suitable colour/color?

Mox

* http://harmopoint.com

P.S. Has anyone actually tried to play the tune in question?

http://www.newhokumsheiks.com
http://www.myspace.com/mox_gowland
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_fr.php?id=1835398