  From: Philharpn@xxxxxxx
  To: rlaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx ; mox.g@xxxxxxxxx ; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 3:54 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Blues licks in First Position

  The Code for the three balls simply says: blow (yellow), draw (green)  and bent (green with black rim). The CODE does not distinguish between the various shadings of the bent notes. The bend code needs to be expanded or revised. I only watched three of the videos -- I didn't make a study of them. My point is the DEGREE of the bends is not readily clear. The little balls also get larger and smaller to indicate volume.
  My point is that nobody wants to STUDY this new form of tab to try to make sense of it. Either a different color or half-moon (1/2 step), full moon (full step) and full moon with a dot or slash (step & half) would more sense. To expect a harmonica player to examine a modulating ball is too much.

  Other than that, I thought the concept was excellent.
  Phil