Fw: [Harp-L] cleaning TWEED

----- Original Message ----- From: "James D Hoskins" <jdhoskins1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Splash" <celtiac@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] cleaning TWEED

I live in the seatlle area, and I am a very big fan of all blues folklore. I was very annoyed a few years ago when the seattle mariers adopted the SODO-MOJO campaighn. We had anybody and everybody with no knowledge of voodoo or blues folklore running around using an expression that made no real sense. I am not claiming to be any expert on voodoo, but I do know that every knowlegable account I've heard over the years defines "MOJO" or more specifically a "MOJO HAND" as the charm is referred to, as a very specific voodoo good luck charm, that will keep your woman from loving another man. Not a general sort of good luck that so many people in the last few years are mistakenly using it for. It isn't my intention to scold, but I do feel that much of the beauty of this stuff is being 'lost in translation'. As for cleaning tweed amps, one must be very careful because any amount of water or solvents will likely do more damange than dirt. I suggest wiping it with a damp cloth and leaving it at that. If you really want a clean one, don't let it get dirty. I recently saw a picture of one of Sam Meyers bassman amps, it told a very vivid story of being on the road, and night after night on the bandstand. I personally like that look. J D
----- Original Message ----- From: "Splash" <celtiac@xxxxxxxxx>