From: Gary Warren <gdubya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jay Thompson <jay.jmt@xxxxxxxxx>; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 3:47 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Big Walter CD suggestions

You can also look for one with Johnny Winter.
It's one of Johnny's first recordings.  I don't remember
the name off hand but it was a basically black cover
and black & white picture, with Johnny on the front and
the band on the back.  It may have been Double Trouble
as the rhythm section too as I recall.....

but it was a long time since I bought that LP on the shelf. ;-)

GW

OK, I googled before posting.  Its his first LP from 1969.
Walter Horton is on one cut, Mean Mistreater along with Willie Dixon.

I'd also say stay away from one that was recorded with a Canadian band.
While Horton is good, the band isn't up to his speed, IMO.