To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 6:50 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Virtual Hole Technique gets Scientific!!!

Hi All,

Because the note has a fairly strong harmonic, the 7 suck can be used in
vamping chord/melody playing to get the missing note between 10 hole
suck and 10 hole blow. As the harmonic does exist we do actually hear
it, there's no denying it, however loud or quiet it is. It's useful for
the music I play, but if you're a single note player, it's probably
meaningless.

Would love to hear of anyone else's results from the Transcribe! method
in a previous post. Record 7 suck on any harp and analyse it to get the
notes. Tell me about your peaks!

I know a few players who use it to learn complicated Irish tunes.

Cheers for now,
Joel.