  From: Philharpn@xxxxxxx
  To: customharmonicas@xxxxxxxxxxx ; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:01 AM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] re:Origins of the Neck Rack

  The Excelsior Harmonica Holder shoulder brace harmonica rack is displayed on page 208 of the Sears, Roebuck & Co. catalogue of 1902 Edition (facsimile with intro by Cleveland Amory).

  So the should brace rack could be over a 100 years old.
  It is priced at 30 cents. (If by mail, 15 cents extra.) The wire harp rack I mentioned in my earlier post is not shown in the facsimile reprint -- but that may be due missing pages.  The accordions-harmonica pages run 205, 208, 208. The book is full of missing pages.

  Two wire braces hook over the shoulders. A wooden brace rests on the breast bone and wires extend upward to the harp-holder itself.

  Phil Lloyd