Re: [Harp-L] painted vs. shiny coverplates

Different strokes for different folks...
Find what works for you!
I know harp players who love THICK cover plates... Such as the
"Meisterklasse" of "Danneker Blues" diatonic.... Others who like the thick brass  cover
plates on Siegfried Naurun's Custom Chromatics...
YES a thick cover plate projects the sound forward...
But I like THIN cover plates.
On a 10 hole MS Diatonic, the "Blues Harp" coverplate, preferably silver
plated, for extra "slip"..
That makes the harmonica "come alive" in my hands, the thinner the cover
plates, the more alive is the harp! (In my opinion)...
Whatever turns you on!
Try them all, and settle on what YOU like.
John Walden
London
England