Re: [Harp-L] tuner

Hey David, John T here.  The slide with the wood button works
just great on my auggie chromatic.  Thanks so much again!

Don't you think the success of tuning by ear or by tuner also
has to do with the temperament you end up with?  If all reeds are
tuned to zero cents on either a digital or strobe tuner, then
of course the tuning will be equal temperament; chords will sound
pretty rough.  But if reeds are tuned the needed number of cents
sharp or flat to make a just tuning, then chords will sound great.
My $25 tuner has a label on it that tells me how many cents
to detune each reed on a diatonic for a compromise tuning.

What I learned from working with a piano tuner is that he wasn't
comparing pitches, he was counting beats per second.  I think
Pat has a beat-count method for just-tuning diatonics described
on his website patmissin.com.

ublokr