[Harp-L] Painted vs. Shiny (unpainted) coverplates

John F. Potts wrote:

........I asked Oz Leguizamo at Suzuki customer service about
this.  Oz  told me that the Promasters and the Hammonds are made to
identical specifications, but because the Hammonds have painted cover
plates, the tone is darker. ......snip...... There is a subtle,
but definite, difference in tone when a harp has painted cover
plates. Sometimes, I used to wonder if it was just my imagination.
But now, after talking to Oz and Antony, my belief  has been
validated.

John, why dontcha switch covers on the two models and give yourself a blind test?  Let us know the
results.
ron