Re: Re: [Harp-L] paddy and country tune

Richard Hunter wrote:
> I'm sorry to be pedantic, but I feel obliged to point out that
> the "country tuning" in this case is not exactly country tuning.
> A country tuned harp has a sharped draw 5 reed and a NATURAL draw
> 9 reed.  The harp produced as per the comments above has a sharped
> draw 5 reed a SHARPED draw 9 reed.

In defense of my own pedanticalness, I will point out that my original
reply had this note:

"Top plate from Melody Maker +
bottom plate from standard =
country tuning
(raised 5 draw - and in this case the 9 draw as well)"

...indicating that the 9 draw was also sharped.  I didn't specifically
point out that this was a deviation from "country" tuning, but it was
noted in the post.

Pedantically yours,

-tim