Re: [Harp-L] Standing at the chromatic

Ear training is good. Improvising with other people is better. Good improvisers (and indeed non improvisers if such musicians truly exist) learn to cover their mistakes.
As my playing companion Ken Mullen ( who learned his craft playing in NE Scotland Ceilgh Bands) says 1st rule is "don't stop playing"

You don't say what type of music you improvise.

Richard