Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica mic

Arnold,
I've done alot of R&D with all the major mic producers and bought many
dynamic mics just to test them after browsing their spec sheets, so here's
my take:
My experience over the years of building hundreds of custom mics and nearly
200 custom dynamic mics, well, you'd be hard pressed to get any full rounded
tone from a dynamic element that small.  It's also low Z,  which will cause
you to have little bite unless you have a good sounding amp and turn it up
almost all the way.  ***If you run this through the PA, I guarantee you'll
have a thin and screechy tone.  Also if you Hi Z most all cheapy dynamic
elements it'll just add more screech when things get turned up and that's
what gives harp players a bad name with the other musicians.  I'm sure many
others can attest to that.

Now at 55 AU dollars, this is one cheap dynamic element because you have to
add building cost time, materials and a small profit.
You can run that thing through a BLues Driver to thicken things up and give
it some drive, but how much does a BLues Driver cost you?

I have 8 low Z stick mics in a box with a -49db output (highest output ever
produced in a dynamic).  I can drive an amp to feedback long before the amp
is dimed without a Hi Z transformer.  I'll let you try one out for free and
if you like it then send me the matching price.  Uh, these mics were well
over double that at the mulitple purchase good guy price.  I have too much
gear in boxes that needs to start clearing out.