RE: [Harp-L] Take Me Out To The Ball Game

Hey Tom,

First off, my knowledge of theory is very limited. I am sure you have more
under your belt than me. I took your advice and played it with the
overblow.It does seem to work but no better than the other way to my ear. It
does seem interchangeable. Now I found this version
http://www.dltk-holidays.com/summer/ballgame.htm  complete with the verses.
It does seem to hit that note that you mention. Now I am playing it both
ways! See what you did!!!! So here is what I think: of all songs this is one
that I think you can get away without being 100% precise and 99.99% of all
listeners will never know the difference. Even most music scholars won't
notice. BUT, that 5 OB isn't that tough with a good harp and it then will
make it perfect for that .01% of the population that you are looking to
please. Personally.I will continue to play it "wrong" except when hanging
with harp players, then I will pop the OB to look cool :-)

Great article:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/larrystone/2004406047_stone11.html

Now I am hungry. I think I will have a hot dog and some cracker jacks for
lunch!

WB

  _____