Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic harp tabs

Hi Gary
I'm unaware of any sites that provide tabbed out songs for chromatic
harmonica.
However I provide a chromatic harmonica tab system on
Chromatic Harmonica Reference
http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn
at the bottom of Music Theory I page
http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/theory1.html#tab+music
You'll find the introduction of this section urging the benefits of
learning to read music.  But then provides a complete ASCII tab system,
with examples.

But there's a link to a fantastic free harmonica tablature program
called HARPING which you can feed any MIDI file, then have it tab out
the track you want to learn on harmonica.   It can handles many types of
harmonica in any key with various popular altered tunings, including
chromatic harmonica.

What's more it will play the track and highlight the tab in time.
I used this program while learning to play melody lines of songs I
liked, and found it very easy to use.

I've since learnt to regular music notation, and use Band In A Box which
is a great practice and learning tool.
I highly recommend making the time and effort to learn to read music,
even if just slowly, so you can access the vast wealth of musical
information that uses music notation.

You may find sections of my site, or some of the sites I link to,
helpful in this regard.

Cheers,
-- G.