Re: [Harp-L] SPAH 2008- humor

I was hopin' you'd include some Ornette Coleman and Sun Ra Arkestra
standards.....cmon Randy! Get with the program we are tired of THE GIRL FROM
IPANEMA!!!,-)
Rob P

On 6/2/08 12:35 AM, "Slim Heilpern" <slim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's one hell of an assignment ;-).
>
> Hey, glad to hear you're hosting again this year... looking forward to it!!!
>
> - Slim.
>
> www.SlideManSlim.com
>

> randy singer wrote:
>> I want to encourage everyone to learn these songs for the jazz jam in
>> order to make the evening as enlightening and exciting as possible.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> randy
>>

>> SONGS FOR SPAH 2008
>>
>> Any Keith Jarrett composition from his solo series.--full harmonica
>> ensemble and nothing in 4/4 please.
>>
>> Mahavishnu Orchestra, Dance of the Maya -Particularly John
>> Mcglaughlin's solo from the live performance Nov. 16, 1972 at Chrysler
>> Arena.
>>
>> John Coltrane's duets with Pharaoh Sanders. I understand that their
>> use of atonality is not everyone's cup of tea, but harmonicas will be
>> able to do this naturally.
>> A little Stravinsky would be nice- particularly like the Rite of
>> Spring. Please keep 1/4 note = 93 beats per minute.
>>
>> Frank Zappa's "The Great Wazoo". If you want to play it in the
>> originally B flat, that would be OK. Please prepare the tenor and bass
>> harmonicas to perform the baritone sax solo.
>>
>> THANK YOU
>>
>> RANDY SINGER
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhL-Q_OI1rw
>> randy music video
>>
>> http://www.randysinger.com
>> http://www.myspace.com/randysinger

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com