Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 02:47:05 GMT
From: "jcolbyspell@xxxxxxxx" <jcolbyspell@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] re: I-mic users unite
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I have to admit I made an I-mic as well.  I used a spice bottle.  It
 looks a lot like a Bottle O' Blues.  I think that it might be the type of
 bottle they use making theirs.  I am sure mine is not as nicely made
 and it looks a little silly.  I have used to elements in it.  One was a
 dynamic capsule ordered from Mouser.  It is the element recommended in
 the second link below.  I managed to break that capsule when electrical
 tape stuck to the diaphragm (no jokes please).  I then ordered a
 cheapo crystal element off of Ebay.  The dynamic sounded much better.  It
 was actually a decent sounding mike to my ear (admittedly more tuned to
 guitar tones that harmonica . . . but the guitar sites are full of
 dorks).  The bottle fits well in my hand and is easy to cup.  I don't know
 if it worth making unless you enjoy that type of thing.  I suspect that
 the Bottle o' Blues is better sounding, so you may just buy that.  I
 believe it is still modestly priced.

http://www.planetharmonica.com/ph2/VE/TMI-micUK.htm
http://www.instructables.com/id/I-Mic-Harmonica-Microphone/
Oh why not just put a link to the element . . . here it is
http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine.aspx?Ne=1447464+254016&Ntt=*25lm032*&Ntx=mode%2bmatchall&Msb=0&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;Mkw=25lm032&N=1323038&Ntk=Mouser_Wildcards

I am not affiliated with any of these companies or web sites or Bottle
 O' Blues or Harmonica playing with any degree of proficiency.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?