[Harp-L] re: I-mic users unite

I have to admit I made an I-mic as well.  I used a spice bottle.  It looks a lot like a Bottle O' Blues.  I think that it might be the type of bottle they use making theirs.  I am sure mine is not as nicely made and it looks a little silly.  I have used to elements in it.  One was a dynamic capsule ordered from Mouser.  It is the element recommended in the second link below.  I managed to break that capsule when electrical tape stuck to the diaphragm (no jokes please).  I then ordered a cheapo crystal element off of Ebay.  The dynamic sounded much better.  It was actually a decent sounding mike to my ear (admittedly more tuned to guitar tones that harmonica . . . but the guitar sites are full of dorks).  The bottle fits well in my hand and is easy to cup.  I don't know if it worth making unless you enjoy that type of thing.  I suspect that the Bottle o' Blues is better sounding, so you may just buy that.  I believe it is still modestly priced.

http://www.planetharmonica.com/ph2/VE/TMI-micUK.htm
http://www.instructables.com/id/I-Mic-Harmonica-Microphone/
Oh why not just put a link to the element . . . here it is
http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine.aspx?Ne=1447464+254016&Ntt=*25lm032*&Ntx=mode%2bmatchall&Msb=0&Mkw=25lm032&N=1323038&Ntk=Mouser_Wildcards

I am not affiliated with any of these companies or web sites or Bottle O' Blues or Harmonica playing with any degree of proficiency.
Click here to save cash and find low rates on auto loans.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iif3V90J2UtWQsFfSQRWvT2hfkLKXIzSwZUj01nNmV5I01Bwk/