[Harp-L] Re: Chris ,

How to shape an EQ chris is get the volume you want, and with all slides at
neutral, match the volume slide of the EQ so that is your baseline. Then, if
it  is the bass you are missing start from the left end and slightly pull up
the  first 3 on the left slides which will increase just the bass response. If
the  mic had too much highs, you can pull down from 1.2K and up, in like a
diagonal  line down at 45 degrees. It will be an experimentation process, and I
will be  happy to work with anyone over the phone with it. Please just make it
before 8PM  EST. What is also nice about this pedal is that you can make it
have more volume  than normal, so it is your solo pedal, you click when solo time
comes in, or  vice versa. I have mentioned the GE7 band because it is the
least expensive and  you don't need 10 - 15 slides, just more to carry. You can
have low end feedback  which is more like a hum, and of course we all know what
high end feedback  is. When I started this journey well over 16 years ago
now, feedback was always  an issue. So I borrowed from my friend Craig at Craig's
Music in Texas a Sabine  Feedback eliminator, which had 30 bands, and any
frequency that was feeding back  a red light glowed above it. As I finally
eliminated feedback, I had lost the  true tone, so that is why I do my feedback
control externally rather than  internally. I also discovered crystal, ceramic,
controlled magnetic, dynamic,  controlled reluctance, all had different feedback
frequencies. Anywhere from 800  ohms to 1.2K are the most common, those are
your mids, and you don't want to  lose them, so don't take out the frequency
altogether, just try going slow,  raising the volume slide is very sensitive,
and hopefully this can solve  anyone's issues with low end. However, when a
crystal or ceramic mic start to  go, they many times start to become sharp, and if
they lose their tone, not much  one can do. I have played through Shakers and
Honkers and understand exactly  what you are talking about. If it is truly a
finger mic you want, just look at  the physics of it, how much sound can you
push through something that is not  bigger than a nickel across, more like a
dime. I think this can be called harp  related, I just wanted to be clear and
help anyone with this issue, excuse the  length, but harp is not a one line fix.
I have dedicated my life to continue to  search for pure, raw tone that can
be both clean and distorted, never a one  trick pony which my SJ1 although
having great tone, lacked projection from the 4  x 8's. Some guys it works great
for their situation, some not anymore. In the  two years of developing the
Cruncher I wanted to address the Projection issue  while keeping the Chess
recorded sound. WeberVST seriously almost dropped me as  a customer due to all the
different speakers I thought were perfect, put in an  order, than I would hear
something that Just wasn't perfect, and change the  order and get different
speakers to try. You expect perfection from me, I expect  the same from my
vendors, which many are not used to. I am certainly no walk in  the park when it
comes to finally putting my name on something. Thank you   SJ