[Harp-L] foam blues

In a message dated 1/20/2008 10:36:21 P.M. Eastern Standard  Time, Shorty
Pickles writes:

About 4 years ago upon the advise of this forum I made up an old  leather
briefcase with modeling foam.  It was the kind used for hobbyists  of model
soliders with the pull apart foam. I thought it was the greatest  thing.Well now I
do not recommend it. .............snip................I'd like  to solve this
hassle once & for all, I keep both mics in it also. Anyone  tried plastic, or
cardboard?
..And I'll take my answer of the air.(To  much NPR)

  Shorty, I don't know what "modeling foam" is nor do i know what u  mean by
NPR.  If u are suggesting that the replies be offlist, i would  respectfully
disagree and ask for relevant replies to be  onlist.
  Re good foam, i've been using a type which was just posted about  yesterday
or day before yest., where, iirc, the poster send a URL to  see a pic of his
harp case.  The case contained foam that looked  like the type i use.  It is
grey and has proved durable for me (2  years so far, with a alot of usage).  I
cut my harp holes out with an  exacto knife.
  I wrote him asking about it and he replied it is available at  camera
stores.  I think he called it "pluck and pick" foam.   I  thought i'd never forget
it and didnt' write it down, but i have  forgotten.  sorry.  The important
part is that it is available at  camera stores.  I spent a lot of time trying to
retrieve this info  from the old posts, but coudn not find it, even in the
archives.   I don't know why i can't find it.
ron