From: Vern Smith <jevern@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; Ken Deifik <kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 7:05:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] bluegrass harmonica CDs

>>I want to compile an online discography of bluegrass CDs that feature
>>harmonica. I know Bill Monroe used it in early lineups of his band, but
>>are any of those recordings in print? Mike Stevens? Sara Cooke? Come in,
>>please.

I have a 3-CD set of "Flatt and Scruggs Classics",  36 cuts in all.  Of
these, 7 employ harmonica.

I don't know if these all of these songs would qualify as "pure" bluegrass,
but they employ bluegrass rhythms and the  other instruments are all
stringed...no drums or wind instruments.

Memphis in F
Kansas City in C
Wabash Cannonball  in G
You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone in G