To: "James" <wasabileo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Gypsy Harp

James,

You could do worse than check out the Harmonica Swing compilation by Frémeaux. It's mostly pre-war recordings of Gipsy Jazz with chromatic harmonica and features Max Geldray, Dany Kane, Joop Heyman and many more. I have reviewed it here: http://www.musicalramblings.com/2005/06/harmonica_swing.html

Also, Thierry Crommen has a superb piece with Sanseverino singing on his latest CD Version Originales, and of course JJ Milteau's Marcelle & Marcel has a distinct Gipsy feel.

Benoit
Folks, I have been listenig latly to alow of Gypsy Jazz aka Jimmy Rosenberg,Johnny Hepbir and of course D'jango. Aside of the Larry Adler/Django collebarations (which wasn't gypsy music) does anyone know about harp players who play or play with gypsy musicians.
Thanks

Database version: 5.09010
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/