Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bobby Darin blowin'

In a message dated 1/19/2008 9:08:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mktspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Absolutely no quibble, Bobby Darin was an amazing talent as a vocalist
and musician.  I was just surprised by the juxtaposition between his
very superior skills on the vibraphone versus his rudimentary skills on
the harmonica.  It's not just him it's a theme. Personally I've  always
liked Dylan and Neil Young.  I like the John Lennon harmonica  along with
the Billy Joel Piano Man intro.  To any offended  Bobby Darin fans I
apologise note that I've replaced abysmal with  rudimentary.  So here's
the challenge.  Can anyone come up with  a musical personality playing an
instrument that isn't their main  instrument at a skill level typical of
the many people who attempt this on  harmonica?  fjm

Sure:  Elvis on guitar.

Elizabeth