Re: [Harp-L] Harp amps, mics, blah blah blah...

NOTHING beats the feeling of having done the footwork to find a great deal
on something, and saved a chunk of money. To me, that's better than having
"the right stuff", or the "best stuff". It's just GD INSPIRING when I bring
a little beat-up second hand tube amp to the party, and the band tells me
it's got "tone to die for", and it only cost me 75 bucks and a trade-in.

NOTHING makes a person feel good about him/herself more than the
gratification of having been resourceful, rather than just fallen prey to
sales bytes and consumerism, and a large chunk of change.

In a way, it's a way to keep one's dignity, in this day of escalating prices
and the falling value of a dollar.

And as far as "do it yourself", I come from that tradition, from my
involvement in amateur radio. No matter what, I just enjoy the learning
process you go through with any project. It's very rewarding, struggling
through decisions, choices, discoveries,,,etc. That's what life's all about,
in my opinion.

"There is nothing to fear but fear itself."

Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/there_is_nothing_to_fear_but_fear_itself/205789.html

BL