Re: [Harp-L] Gigs in China?

"> Harp content, here it comes: are there places to play in Guangzhou? "

Ray - I'm not sure if Guangzhou is new Beijing, but I did have a fun time at the Hard Rock Beijing. I don't normally frequent Hard Rock Cafe's - too commercialized for me. But there was a *killer* band playing (and i'm pretty sure it was a weeknight) so I had a blast. I'm sure I could have sit in if I would have approached them on break, they were very friendly and having a good time. But I was drinking so I declined. I just stood in front of the stage and played (just kidding, heh).

Be careful though - at precisely (and I do mean precisely) 10:30pm, they let the "working girls" in and there is literally a swarm of them from all around the world. And they ain't shy. So that makes things a little interesting. Just a heads up to you or any other harp-l'er (yeah, I know I sent this to the whole list) who might check out that particular venue with family, etc and not want to be exposed to that.

I'm sure there are other places, ask around.

Congrats on your new family member!!

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA